Friday, March 13, 2009

Roman Days Drifting Away ...

It's going to be a weird transition to go from strolling past the Pantheon and the Trevi Fountain while stumbling on cobblestones and fighting hoards of tourists to walking back along the Ave at U.W. in less than 2 weeks. My apartment is all cleaned out (only damage: a broken lamp, not our fault!) and its time to say ciao to our quaint stone floors/hanging laundry outside to dry/eating gelato twice in one day right back into the stream of Seattle life.

Bright and early tomorrow morning, I'm hopping on a train through Pompeii and a ferry to Corfu, a day on the Amalfi Coast, Athens and Santorini, back to Rome and then homeward bound I go! I've lost track of time, learned embarassing little Italian (I try, I try but I'm much better at remembering food names, very essential that). Maybe I'll even miss the ridiculously pushy peddlers who hawk everything from roses to bubble guns ... or maybe not. My camera is exhausted from photo overload but Europe, its not a one time thing, I'm leaving with the mindset that this is just a taste of the multitude of return trips that lie ahead. No "this is the last time" thoughts here, no negative Faithy!

On another random tangent: I realized the extent of technology when I could participate in a conference call with 3 people in Seattle via Skype while I sat in my school building in Rome. Times, they are a'changin'!

1 comment:

  1. It looks like you wrote a lot in your blog. I'm slowly getting into the habit of writing in mine.

    Also, the transition from study abroad school to real school is the hardest thing ever. It took me all quarter to get used to it!

    ReplyDelete